http://bestflights.co.za/africa/mozambique/maputo – go to for extra data on Maputo, Mozambique
Maputo, the capital and largest metropolis in Mozambique since 1898, was previously often known as Lourenco Marques. In 2007 the town had a inhabitants of about 1,766,184. The metropolis is house to the nation’s most essential harbor, located about 90km from the border of South Africa.
What to see / do
• Maputo Elephant Reserve — With about 100 to 300 elephants that reside within the reserve
• Maputo Central Market — Selling recent seafood, fruit and veggies in a energetic ambiance.
• The Jardim Tunduru – A small botanical Garden
• The Railway Station — Designed by Gustave Eiffel
• The National Art Museum — Collection of Mozambican artwork
• Inhambane — A small sleepy historic city about 485km north of Maputo.
• Maputo International Music Festival — Includes piano, jazz, opera and extra.
• All Africa Games