The inaugural Travel Daily Media – Inspiring Women in Travel (Asia) Awards 2023 honoured among the wonderful girls within the journey trade. The awards have been offered at a gala ceremony at Montien Hotel Surawong Bangkok on June 24.
TD-IWTA Awards honoured girls who’ve made excellent contributions to the journey trade, demonstrating distinctive management, innovation, and a dedication to driving optimistic change. The awards goal to encourage and empower extra girls to pursue their goals and excel in numerous roles inside the journey sector.
“It was an incredible evening being surrounded by and celebrating the amazing women in our industry across Asia. Congratulations to all the awardees and to the outstanding line up of inspirational nominees. We truly have so many amazing women in our industry. I am immensely inspired to keep the IWTA movement moving forward. We will be hearing more stories of incredible women, round table discussions, and meeting male champions in our industry,” Michaela Connor, co-founder and chairperson, Inspiring Women in Travel Asia (IWTA).
This 12 months’s winners have been chosen from a file variety of entries, and the judging panel was impressed by the excessive degree of innovation and creativity on show.
The winners of the TD-IWTA Awards 2023 are:
Women Entrepreneurs in Travel Asia
- Excellence in Mentoring – Celia Lao, Vice President, GBA Aviation Association & GM – China, AirAsia Teleport
- Woman Foodpreneur – Pichaya Soontornyanakij, CEO & Chef, Potong
- Inspirational Entrepreneur – May Wang, CEO and Founder, Linens N Love
Women of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Sustainable Development Advocate – Carissa Nimah, Chief Marketing Officer, Department of Tourism – Bhutan
- Community Champion – Mariglo Laririt, Director Of Sustainability, Ayala Land Hotels And Resorts Corporation – Ten Knots Group
- Humanitarian of Travel – Tanya Pirapokin, Executive Director, Siam Express and FCM Travel Solutions
Women of the Future
- Tourism Innovator – Christine Galle-Luczak, Founder And Managing Director, Heavens Portfolio
- Tech Trailblazer – Nanki Singhachthep, Co-Founder, Avalon Analytics
- Forward Thinker in Travel – Rigzin Lachic, Proprietor, Dolkhar Resorts
Essence of Women
- Positive Disruptor – Caroline Shen, Director Of Sales & Marketing, Renaissance Pattaya Resort & Spa
- Woman Synergy – Aline Boulom, Director Of Industrial Relations & Compliance, Accor
- Woman of Virtue – Cathy Hsu, Chair Professor, School Of Hotel And Tourism Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Women Champion in Travel
- C-Level Woman Champion – Vitna Achour, Human Factors Officer, Cebu Pacific Air
- Rising Star in Travel – Cleofe Albiso, Managing Director, Megaworld Hotels And Resort
- Woman of Resilience – Tracy Cosgrove, Founder, VRHTI
Male Champion for Gender Equality – Mike Stewart, General Manager, Intrepid Travel
Most Inspiring Woman in Travel – Anchalika Kijkanakorn, Founder & Managing Director, Akaryn Hotel Group
Hall Of Fame – Marisa Sukosol Nunbhakdi, Executive Vice President, Sukosol Hotels And The Siam Hotel
TD-IWTA Awards is sponsored by Ponant Cruises, BCD Travel, Tourism Authority of Thailand, Shiji, Myanmar Airways International, Thaiger, Abercrombie & Kent, Paulaner, Regent Seven Seas, HotelBeds, TBO.com, Thailand Convention and Exhibition Distribution, Air Astana, Rival, Cebu Pacific, Intrepid Travel, Campbell PR, B-Concept. Meanwhile, Cision – PR Newswire is TD-IWTA Awards’ official information distribution accomplice.
“I’m in awe of the outstanding achievements and trailblazing spirit exhibited by the winners of the TD-IWTA Awards 2023. I’m grateful to our invaluable sponsors, whose assist has been instrumental in making the occasion a powerful success; the esteemed judges for his or her tireless efforts in evaluating the submissions and deciding on the winners; and to the devoted committee members who’ve labored relentlessly behind the scenes.
“I would like to extend my admiration and appreciation to the incredible women who have participated in the TD-IWTA Awards 2023. Your courage, resilience, and exceptional talent have shattered glass ceilings, inspired generations, and paved the way for a more inclusive and diverse industry,” Gary Marshall, CEO, Travel Daily Media.